Thursday, February 11, 2010

You're sleeping in a tent?

Joseph walks in from work, to tell me he got interviewed for another job. This job if we got it was going to move us to which ever state we chose to work in. SCORE! I guess they interviewed him earlier in the year, and they are now calling him back for a second interview.  I get all excited, I help Joseph pick his outfit for the interview, and we go over some questions that they might ask.  He is all dressed and prepped, and we kiss him good-bye. He closes the door to leave, and then the door immediately opens again. Joseph asks me to come outside and see this. Walking out the front door, I immediately see a tent on our front porch.  What? I look inside and my brother Josh and his family are inside the tent with sleeping bags all laid out and watching a moving on a portable DVD player.

"Josh, why are you guys in a Tent on MY PORCH?" Josh informs me that he has decided to live there for a bit. The weather is nice here, the kids like the area, it's close to his work and both families. It just works out perfectly.   "Perfectly? Really?"  For some reason Joseph agrees with Josh's logic. I just keep saying, "but you are sleeping in a tent? Really?"

Anyway, Joseph heads off to his interview, and I start to piddle around the house. A couple of hours go by, and I get a call from the company that Joseph just interviewed with. They tell me, that they thought he was perfect for the job, but now they think he would be overly committed to the job, and just to intense of an employee to be let on the team. They actually were hoping I would tell him the news, so they wouldn't have too.  WHAT? Seriously?  That is when I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment