Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Super Bowl Dad

My Dad out of many tried out for the NFL. They did a special try-out for civilians to try and walk on a team. My Dad actually made it, and ends up joining his team right during the play-offs and they end up going to the Super bowl! The Cool thing is this Super bowl last two days straight. So the NFL set our family up with a Town home to live in that was right across from the Football Stadium. So we could be close to my Dad during all the action. The Townhouse was big enough to house my entire family, with In-laws and grandkids. The second day of the Super bowl, Joseph went early to watch my Dad and his team stretch out and stuff, then Josh and his family took Yo'sea. SO I slept in until Almost Noon, which was HEAVENLY. `Then I took my sweet time getting ready for the day, every room in the house had a TV, and if you turned one one, of course the Super Bowel was playing. THere was even a TV monitor in the shower. So I watched a bit of the game while I ate, and fixed my hair.

I"m not a huge football fan, but it was fun to see my Dad get interviewed over and over again. The general masses wanted his view as the newest recruit. I watched as my Dad, answered tons of questions. I remember him saying, "You know I'll, probably never play one second in the game, but I'm proud to wear the colors, and will one day tell others I was part of a team that played in the Super Bowel."

I decide I better get out on the field and watch the game. I get to the gate, but I realize I don't have my pass. I had left it in Yo'sea's baby bag along with my Cell phone. I tried to talk my way in, but Security is pretty tight.  So I walked down to the Movie theater and hit up a show. (this is getting long, and boring. OH well, I'm still going to finish writing each and every tiny detail.)

As I was coming out of the Movie theater I had a wad of $100 bills cash on hand. I stuffed them down in my Pocket because I felt eyes on me. I look up and this greasy looking man, asks me for some spare change. I ignore him, then he asks how much money I have on me. I let him know I have sufficient for my needs. And I walk away fast, I am aware of him following me, so I break out in a run. By the sound of things I can hear that the Super Bowel is over, so I take a short cut down a hill and through a ravine to get to the stadium.

I am fighting the crowds flooding out of the Stadium, trying to get in to my family. While I feel that guy getting closer and closer. I actually get up on one of the stadium stands, and I see Joseph, just as the Guy grabs my arm. I yell for Joseph and he quickly assess the situation. He runs over and runs the guy off... I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment